Friday 9 May 2014

Hello Everyone,
Today you will do an activity that will help you prepare for next week.
Write about the topic or character you have chosen for your presentation.

Write:
Why you chose it
The specific (more or less) elements you will include
How you will organize it

Include anything else you consider relevant.

Write a minimum of 180 words and 3 comments to classmates.

My presentation will be about linguist, philosopher and political activist Noam Chomsky.
I will divide my presentation into 3 parts.: The area of linguistics and his initial studies, his political involvement and also the reason why I chose him.
I think it is difficult to do this since there so much information to include. This is why I selected some main points as a sample presentation.
I have chosen him above other people because I admire his contributions in the area of linguistics but also because I feel his involvement in the area of politics and his acknowledgement of the injustice present in many places, plus the terrible American /British foreign policy, has cost him a lot and still he perseveres to make people aware of what happens. As a Jewish, he has gone against the Jewish community and the right wing in the US to make strong statements. There are few intellectuals that take the time to do this. I value it.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Noam Chomsky, once time I Ient a book of him ("El terror como polĂ­tica exterior de EEUU"), and never returned to me :(

    ReplyDelete